Chip Wade
Kirkland, WA
Email Me
Visit My ACN Sales Portal

UPDATE(3/4/11): I can honestly say that becoming a part of ACN has made me a better person. What I thought I was getting myself in to and what I am getting out of it are two completely different things. It wasn't until I took the time to see it for what it really is did I finally get it. I joined ACN to simply make some extra money. Now that I a part of it I can honestly say that making extra money isn't even in the top 3 of benefits. It is still a very nice thing but what else I get out of it is so much more important. Here are the top 3 benefits in my 100% honest opinion: 1) Being around massive amounts of positve energy. It is completely invigorating to be around so many people wanting each other to succeed. It does wonders for your own energy and you see when you interact with people outside of ACN. 2) Networking. You meet SO MANY people. I have met 100's and 100's of people in only the one month that I have been in ACN. Everyone there has their regular 9 to 5's and have joined ACN for the exact same reason you did. To break the mold. 3) It simply makes me a better person. I think about how I interact with people and how much attitude affects everyone I interact with. When I start to get irritated I catch myself and avoid it. It's simply not worth the energy it takes to be mad. 4) The extra money. Every month you get percentages of money when people pay their bills. Bills they have been paying for years and will continue to pay for the rest of their lives. They just happened to get their service from you, someone they know, and your small business. Pretty straight forward. Great thing to be a part of. Very happy I gave myself the opportunity.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Power of Positivity

While flying back from Charlotte I was sitting next to an older gentleman flying home to Oklahoma City.  I usually don't talk much on planes but with the new attitude this year I got out of my comfort and struck up a conversation.  He was a very nice guy that worked in the mortgage business.  I mentioned that I had served in the Marines and he told me that his only son would be leaving for the Marines in June.  I gave him a lot of advice that would help his son and some advice that will help him and his wife as well.  The most important piece of advice that I gave him was to let their son know how proud they were of him.  My parents let me know how proud they were of me during one of the most stressful times of my life and it helped tremendously. 

Being 18 years old in Marine Corps boot camp, I struggled daily wondering why I was there putting myself through hell.  Nearing the end of high school I had no direction and was not at all ready for college.  Instead of working a low paying job while hoping to make my mind up, I joined the military.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I just knew it was probably better for me than not doing it.  I was lucky enough to get the scores needed for a computer job.  I say lucky because I barely finished high school on time.  I just didn't put forth the effort and thankfully showing up to class everyday got me through.  My teachers must have really liked me because I never did my homework.  I remember my dad telling me, "Son, I don't care what you do with the rest of your life... I just want you to graduate from high school on time."  So I did, barely. 

Even though I barely made it, my father still made it a point to tell me he was proud of me.  When I was struggling in boot camp wondering if I should quit, he told me he was proud of me.  When I graduated from boot camp and he was there with my brother, again proud.  After the Marines I went to college and got very good grades my first semester, same.  My mother was just as supportive.  It has helped me more than they could ever know.  I might have quit had they not made it a point to let me know how proud they were of me.  It helps me realize that positivity is the catalyst to success.  Knowing this helps me to be positive during negative times in my life. 

I know these times are different, kids are different, and parenting is different.  But letting a child know that you are proud of them will have a bigger impact on them that you could ever imagine.  It did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment