Chip Wade
Kirkland, WA
Email Me
Visit My ACN Sales Portal

UPDATE(3/4/11): I can honestly say that becoming a part of ACN has made me a better person. What I thought I was getting myself in to and what I am getting out of it are two completely different things. It wasn't until I took the time to see it for what it really is did I finally get it. I joined ACN to simply make some extra money. Now that I a part of it I can honestly say that making extra money isn't even in the top 3 of benefits. It is still a very nice thing but what else I get out of it is so much more important. Here are the top 3 benefits in my 100% honest opinion: 1) Being around massive amounts of positve energy. It is completely invigorating to be around so many people wanting each other to succeed. It does wonders for your own energy and you see when you interact with people outside of ACN. 2) Networking. You meet SO MANY people. I have met 100's and 100's of people in only the one month that I have been in ACN. Everyone there has their regular 9 to 5's and have joined ACN for the exact same reason you did. To break the mold. 3) It simply makes me a better person. I think about how I interact with people and how much attitude affects everyone I interact with. When I start to get irritated I catch myself and avoid it. It's simply not worth the energy it takes to be mad. 4) The extra money. Every month you get percentages of money when people pay their bills. Bills they have been paying for years and will continue to pay for the rest of their lives. They just happened to get their service from you, someone they know, and your small business. Pretty straight forward. Great thing to be a part of. Very happy I gave myself the opportunity.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First Steps

Today I met with James Jackson and Spencer Hunn of ACN. Both very good friends of mine that I had not seen in over 10 years. We all grew up in Tacoma but moved away after high school. We spent a good portion of time catching up and asking how other friends were doing. We shared funny old stories and went into how we all ended up where we are today. I have personally taken the long route to get to this point in my working life. Joining the military right after high school for 4 years and directly off to college in Missouri after that. Hoping to pursue a communications degree in college I began to spin my wheels. Unsure about what I wanted to do with my life I decided to move back to Seattle at the beginning of 2005. My thinking was that if I was going to hit rock bottom I would at least be around my family and close friends. Rock bottom came close but thankfully I had the right people around me to keep it from happening.

Thankfully late in 2005 I was able to fall back on the IT experience I gained in the military to secure a temporary IT job in Seattle. I started small and gained the experience needed to settle in with a company full time. After 3 years of hard work I was rewarded with the full time with benefits career I was striving for. I have been in that particular role for 3 years now with no plans of leaving. I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. But I have always had that thought in the back of mind that there has to be a better way for me to use the skills I have aquired over the years, my can-do attitude, large personal network, and an abundance of extra energy. I thought of everything. Second job, Ebay Store, Inventions, Blogs, you name it. All of which would pay very little, but my thinking was that little money beats no money.

Spencer and James spoke to me about the success they have experienced with ACN. Where they began to how they came to where they are today. Both of them being good friends they had my undivided attention. Anyone else I would have rushed them through the pitch and thanked them for their time. They explained how the system works and how I could be successful as well. They even offered to help in any way that they could. It seemed like a pay-it-forward approach that must have come from when they were sitting in my chair. It's good to have someone you know and trust help guide you along the path. I really liked what they had to say and think this could be something a person like me could be very successful at. Only time and hard work will tell.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment